Indian River County
Small Business Recovery Grant
IRC Small Business Recovery Grant
Through the federal American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act funding program, the Indian River County Board of County Commissioners is providing one-time grants of up to $10,000 to eligible independently or locally-owned for-profit small businesses located and operating in Indian River County that were negatively affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The grant is limited to one application per business, including businesses with multiple locations within Indian River County. The business must be in operation in Indian River County on or before October 1, 2019. Funds may be used for business-related expenses incurred after March 3, 2021. Funds may not be used for the exact same expenses that were paid by other federal programs for the same time period. Applications will be accepted and processed until the funds are exhausted.
Businesses that have previously received CARES Act grant funding from the County, or from the City of Sebastian, are not eligible to apply.
All completed grant applications will be submitted electronically to the Indian River County Chamber of Commerce for initial processing on the County’s behalf. Once final approval is given, grant payments will be mailed by the Indian River County Finance Office. Questions? Call or email the Chamber’s Economic Development Office: 772-567-3491 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To meet grant eligibility criteria, the business must:
- Register with the federal government: www.SAM.gov
- Be locally or independently owned and operating a business in Indian River County in an industry negatively affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic (see list of Eligible Businesses). This includes home-based businesses, sole proprietors and 1099/contract workers
- Have 25 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees, including the business owner
- Been in operation in Indian River County since October 1, 2019
- Expects to return to full operations
- Up to date on tangible personal property and/or real estate taxes
- No active judgments, liens, bankruptcies, etc. against the business or business owner(s)
Ineligible businesses include:
- Businesses with more than 25 FTE Employees
- Non-Profit organizations (the County has a separate program for non-profits)
- Those not in an industry negatively affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic
- A business that has applied for, or received, CARES Act grant funding from a municipality in Indian River County; or previously received a CARES Act grant from the County